Thursday, May 7, 2015

#RealTalk : Body Shaming

Hello Friends!

Last week I was busy with redoing my bedroom and trying to figure out what topic I wanted to start this series with. This topic is all over social media right now and I think it's a great one to start with!
Basically if you've been living under a rock, body shaming is making people who are bigger feel like they don't belong. Well, that's my version of body shaming anyway.
I've seen celebrities like Pink and Kelly Clarkson deal with body shaming and I love that they basically don't care about what social media says! Those women are great role models for any girl dealing with social media and society telling them they're too big. Well people guess what, I don't think that anyone should worry about what anyone else looks like!
I've posted this photo on Instagram and I know that I'm not small, but I'm proud of how far I've come since the picture on the left was taken! I dropped 2 dress sizes and I did it for me! I've learned that people are just mean and most have their own insecurities that they take out on other people.
If you take one thing away from this post it's that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Don't listen to the media, you are beautiful inside and out! If you don't believe me then look at Psalm 139! God, Our Father, Our Creator, loves each and every one of us. Not by our outer appearance, but by our hearts!

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well" -Psalm 139:13-14

Friends, this all I have for you today! Leave comments down below on what you want to talk about next week! I want y'all to be involved in this series. Check back tomorrow to get to know a little bit more about me!
xoxo -Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment