Thursday, May 14, 2015

#RealTalk + Happiness

Hello Friends!

Last week on #RealTalk I mentioned body shaming, the way society tells women they have to look is ridiculous. I say as long as you're healthy and happy with who you are, why should someone dictate how you need to look or even act?

So, this week I thought I'd talk about happiness!
I struggled a lot with being happy, mainly because I always looked at myself as not being good enough! Guess what! You are good enough! Just the way you are!! I'm not a size 2 and I know I never will be, but I am happy with who I am! I workout, I eat healthy, I enjoy life, I have friends, but most importantly I have God!
Yes, society will try and tell you how to live your life, but true happiness comes from within! Just do what makes you feel good! Personally, I like to draw and run and listen to music. I also know that, for me, prayer plays a huge part in my life!
Another thing that makes me happy is being around people who encourage me. I have a lot of friends who are smaller than me and they don't see me any differently. They look beyond what society looks at, they look at me for who I am! So, get out there and BE YOU! Love yourself, be happy with who you are and before you know it, society won't be able to dictate your happiness!

I hope y'all post what you want to hear about in next week's #RealTalk! Tomorrow I'm coming back with another tag so stay tuned for that! Have a great night!
xoxo -Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment